As we are now fully open, we want to reassure you that we are taking aggressive steps to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 virus. Our staff has conducted a thorough deep clean of our entire office and operating room. Additionally, we are following our usual infection control measures along with extra sanitizing of all surfaces between every patient that enters our offices.
For the safety of our patients, providers, and staff, we ask if you are ill or have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus, please alert us and we will reschedule your appointment or surgery.
We need your assistance, patience, and cooperation as we navigate through these unprecedented times. We are asking the following of all our patients:
- If you are a new patient, you must fill out new patient paperwork through the patient portal prior to arrival for your appointment, or we will not be able to see you. If you need assistance with this, please call 713-791-0700 at least 24 hours prior to your appointment time.
- Existing patients, please notify our staff prior to arrival when making an appointment of any changes in your information (address, phone number, email, insurance information).
- When you arrive in the parking lot, call 713-791-0700 to notify us. You will be asked to remain in your car until you receive a call or text message alerting you to enter the building.
- You will be required to wear your own mask or something that will cover your mouth/nose. We will not be distributing masks.
- If you feel it essential to bring a visitor, only one will be allowed per patient, but we highly encourage no visitors during this time. We are happy to virtually connect with anyone during your visit.
- No children will be allowed unless the child is the patient.
- Everyone will be screened prior to entering our office. Screening will be done by one of our staff members and include the questions below along with an oral temperature. Please do not drink or eat anything 20 minutes prior to arrival as this may affect your temperature. IF YOU CAN ANSWER YES TO ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT/SURGERY.
- Have you OR someone you have had close contact with traveled INSIDE or OUTSIDE of the US, been on a cruise, or traveled to/from an area that has been deemed as a “hot spot” for COVID-19 in the last 30 days?
- Have you been exposed or in close contact with someone who has been confirmed to have COVID-19?
- Have you worked in a hospital, nursing home, or other care facility within the last 14 days?
- Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, difficulty breathing, new or worsening cough, sore throat, body aches, vomiting, or diarrhea?
- You may endure longer than normal waiting times as we ensure that we are practicing measures to keep everyone safe, such as social distancing. Please be prepared for this when making your schedules for your appointment or surgery day.
We are still connecting with our patients virtually and if you prefer to visit with our physicians via that route, please let our staff members know when you call to make an appointment.
Thank you for your patience and assistance in helping limit the impact of this virus within our clinical care setting and community.