Platelet Rich Plasma: At HPCS our Board-Certified surgeons are committed to offering the latest advances in hair restoration technique so that patients have a variety of options for their needs. Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy is a revolutionary procedure designed to utilize your own platelet blood cells to activate dormant hair follicles and sometimes improve thinning hair.
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy is a minimally-invasive treatment that has been utilized in medical procedures, as well as in the field of cosmetic enhancement, for many years. The plasma inside human blood contains a number of growth factors that can stimulate stem cells. Isolation of platelet rich plasma has traditionally been used to help speed natural wound healing by repairing and regenerating cells, and now it can be applied to hair restoration as well. PRP Therapy can reverse thinning hair and re-activate hair follicles in the treatment area in both men and women, which can ultimately result in a normal growth pattern and a fuller head of hair.
How does the procedure work?
- Short 30-45 minute clinic visit
- A small amount of blood is drawn from your arm the blood is placed in a closed system centrifuge where the platelet-rich plasma can be separated from the whole blood. The concentrated platelet rich plasma is then injected into affected areas of the scalp at the base of the hair follicles.
- No downtime – you can return to work the same day!
Platelet Rich Plasma Recovery
This therapy typically requires minimal to no downtime. The treated area typically feels sore but this dissipates quickly. Our surgeons advise avoiding anti-inflammatory medications for a week after the procedure as they may hinder the natural healing process. Typically 2-3 sessions are needed to achieve optimal results.
PRP treatment has shown to be very effective for some patients, but it is not beneficial for those who have a complete absence of hair follicles in the affected area. PRP Therapy is designed to help stimulate inactive hair follicles, and can therefore be effective only on areas that contain healthy, yet dormant, follicles. During the initial consultation, our doctors will evaluate your needs and determine whether you are an ideal candidate for PRP Therapy.
Request Your Consultation
To schedule an appointment for a hair restoration consultation with one of our experienced surgeons, please contact us at 713-791-0700, or click the button below.
Platelet Rich Plasma Hair Restoration Blog Posts
- Feminine Tightness and Sensation Restored with Geneveve by Viveve
- See Immediate Results with a Liquid Rhinoplasty—A Non-Surgical Alternative to Nose Jobs
- Skin texture and tone improved with painless new skin tightening laser treatment & procedure
- Transplant Options for Hair Restoration
- What Makes Smartlipo Triplex Unique?