Will I benefit from hair restoration surgery?
Ideal candidates for Hair Restoration surgery have the following:
- Male pattern baldness
- Female pattern baldness
- Hair loss secondary to traumatic scars
- Missing or thinning eyebrows
- Hair loss secondary to cosmetic surgery
Hair grows naturally in groups of one, two, three and four hair follicular units. With this method of transplantation the follicular unit is harvested from one areas and transplanted to another. While this cannot restore youthful hair density, it can replace lost hair and increase hair density to provide a very natural looking result.
FUE is a method of harvesting follicular units from a donor area to transplant to a recipient area.
Benefits of the FUE Method:
- FUE hair transplant is a very safe, minimally invasive, relatively minor procedure
- Minimal bleeding and fewer complications than with the “strip” method
- Procedure is performed with local anesthetic and no intravenous or intra-muscular sedation is required
- Patients experience minimal discomfort, no scalpel incision, no sutures, no linear scar and quick recovery times
- And Many More!
This method of harvesting follicular units is performed by obtaining a donor strip from an area of non-balding scalp at the back and sides of the head. After the strip is removed, Dr. Rednam and her assistant separate the hair follicles in the strip using an operative microscope and then transplant to the desired area. The donor site is sutured closed leaving a fine incision within the hairline.
This procedure can be an good choice for hair restoration when patients are not good candidates for FUE. This is determined by the patient’s genetics, hair pattern and goals. FUS and FUE can both provide a natural result with high patient satisfaction.
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy is a revolutionary procedure designed to utilize your own platelet blood cells to activate dormant hair follicles and sometimes improve thinning hair.
- 30 minute in-office procedure to stimulate hair growth
- No Surgery
- No Downtime
NeoGraft’s advanced technology offers a discrete solution to hair loss, allowing patients to achieve natural looking results with no linear scar, minimal downtime and a shorter recovery period.
- Minimally Invasive
- No Linear Scar
- Natural Hairline
- Quick Recovery
Your HPCS Hair Restoration Surgeons:
Request Your Consultation
To schedule an appointment for a cosmetic procedure with one of our experienced surgeons, please contact us at 713-791-0700, or click the button below.